partitions

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 29 20:30:57 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 29.06.2004 schrieb Marcelo Manzato um 22:23:

> I was wanting to do the following partition schema on
> my computer:
> - Windows 98 (FAT32 f.s.)
> - Windows XP (NTFS f.s.)
> - Fedora Core 2 (ext3 f.s.) -> partitions to /boot, /,
> and swap.
> I started by creating a primary partition to 98 with
> fdisk, then I installed it. After, I booted the
> computer with Windows XP's CD, created another
> partition with its own partition tool, and installed
> it. Finally, I rebooted the computer with FC2's CD,
> and created the /, /boot and sawp partitions with its
> partition tool. It created the GRUB file, installed,
> and since then, the system couldn't find anymore the
> windows 98 and xp partitions. When I select windows in
> the grub menu, the system shows an error message that
> cannot find the partition. I've seen the grub.conf,
> tried to config it by another way, but without
> success. The strange thing is that I did it with FC1
> and everything was working perfectly.

***WinXP Dual boot problems***
So you've installed Fedora Core 2 and now you can't boot into Windows
XP...STOP RIGHT THERE! Quit playing with that partition table. Go here
for the fix:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 22:28:55 up 3 days, 16 users, load average: 0.95, 0.63,