Use VNC on native X display

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Tue Jun 29 20:53:17 UTC 2004

Hidagus Pa wrote:

>Hi,
>The VNC version 4 coming with Fedora Core 2 supports
>native X server (i.e. :0 display), but it is not
>turned on by default. How do I configure X.org X11 to
>use this feature?
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Hidagus

You can try it but if you have a radeon card you might be in for lockups.

Add to the Modules section of xorg.conf.
 Load "vnc"

To the Screen section add an authentication method.
Option "securityTypes" "None"
or
Option "passwordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"

If you are using a radeon you can try disabling dri but otherwise
attempting to connect freezes up the system instantly.