Serial ATA and UDMA

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 16:22:44 UTC 2004

Jonathan Rawle wrote:
> If 54 MB/s decent performance? (Output from hdparm -t)

Yes.

Take a look at the *average* speeds on the latest hard drives:
http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/20040209/seagate-03.html

Peak performance should be a way above the average performance: there's
normally more data around the outside of a disk than around the inside,
and the spin speed is constant, so you get more data per second at the
outside of a disk.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "OPENING LINES OF THE 23RD PSALM
westexe.demon.co.uk    | Original version: