DVD audio ripper?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Jun 30 18:09:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 03:49, Dylan Parry wrote:

> I have a couple of DVDs of converts and I would like to rip the audio from
> them to convert to individual OGG files. I was wondering if anyone had any
> recommendations as to some software that could do this for me?
> I would prefer something with a GUI front-end, but command line would be
> acceptable. It doesn't necessarily have to do the whole job, just ripping
> to WAV would be fine as I can do the rest using oggenc in a shell :)

dvd::rip

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

There's also a package for it on FreshRPMS.net but it's called
perl-Video-DVDRip. It requires transcode.

It's more oriented towards rip-ing a DVD to a DivX file or a SVCD disk,
but maybe you can manage to get audio-only extraction. Ask on their
mailing list if you can't figure it out.
If that doesn't work, use dvd::rip's debug facilities to learn what are
the transcode parameters that's using to perform the extraction, then
slightly modify them to extract audio only then run transcode manually.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/