Mozilla problem after upgrading to FC2

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed May 26 10:49:45 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 00:45, you wrote:

> > After upgrading from FC1 to FC2,
> > Mozilla pages have become more or less unreadable
> > because of the bizarre colours.
> > I've tried setting Background and Foreground to white and black
> > in Preferences=>Appearance=>Colors,
> > but this doesn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Try quitting Mozilla, and running
> mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla-tm
> Mozilla will recreate its settings directory from scratch: you will need
> to re-set up any proxies, etc.

Thanks very much for responding.
I just followed your suggestion,
and it worked up to a point,
in that the colours changed and this made the page more readable.
However, the fault is really the same,
as the colours "leak" onto the panel and the rest of the desktop.

I guess I need to re-install Mozilla.
Unfortunately this is rather difficult, as there seem to be
many inter-dependencies.
For the moment I've gone over to Konqueror,
which is working well.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366