Up2date Channels Right?

David Cartwright Dcart44 at bellatlantic.net
Mon May 3 01:52:19 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw wrote:

> David Cartwright wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>> I have the following channel info in Fc1 Up2date:
>>
>> >yum channel fedora-core-1 from
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
>> >yum channel updates-released from
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/
>>
>> Are they sufficient to keep Fc1 up-to-date with everything? If not,
>> what do I do?
>>
>> Regards,
>> David
>

> David:
>
> You'll probably want to read this article:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html
>
> Then when you finish that article, read this page:
> http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/#WhereCanIGetSoftware
>
> Those articles detail how to properly configure your yum.conf file
> using mirrors so that updates are much faster than using the redhat
> server.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Clint

Above pages read and followed I think? Results puzzling.
Ran Up2Date from icon using this setup...

yum channel ibiblio-fedora-core-1 from
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
yum channel ibiblio-updates-released from
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

and got response /everything up-to-date./

Ran yum from terminal with following setup......

name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

and got several hundred file returns. Why the diff responses and is my
yum setup giving me file returns I shouldn't be getting?

Thanks for help
David