Sun JDK distribution issues

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sun May 2 15:16:57 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Carlos Rodrigues <cer09566 at students.fct.unl.pt> said:
> Could someone explain why Fedora doesn't include Sun's JDK? I know that
> there are some issues concerning distribution (source and stuff) and I
> was looking for some details about this.

The Fedora Core distribution is exclusively made up of Open Source
software.  The Sun (and IBM and BEA) JDK is not Open Source, so it won't
be a part of FC.

Even if that rule was to be "bent", Sun has distribution restrictions on
the JDK that would keep it out of FC.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>