fc1 fubared

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Mon May 3 01:11:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 13:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I just installed FC! on a RH8.0 box, as an upgrade.
>
> It overwrote all my 2.6 module utility's and I now have no networking, sysfs
> or procfs.

Neither RH8 nor FC1 support Linux 2.6.  So, of course it wiped out all
your customized stuff.

> What to I reinstall to fix this?

Were your customizations installed with RPM?  If so, rebuild or
reinstall those RPMs.  If not then you need to go back through your
notes and replicate much of what you did when you customized RH8 to run
on Linux 2.6.

There have been numerous posts to the list regarding hacking FC1 to work
with Linux 2.6.  Also, FC2 test3 is based on Linux 2.6 and immediately
needs lots of testing before the final freeze takes place.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/