Command-line mail program that can send mail FROM multiple accounts?

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Mon May 3 10:33:50 UTC 2004

It would appear that on May 1, Aaron Matteson did say:

> Preston Crawford became daring and sent these 0.6K bytes,
> > My wife has a couple different domain names and consequently a couple
> > different maildrops. I'm thinking of setting up an SSH server, fetchmail
> > and a command line mail program so she can check/send email remotely
> > from these multiple accounts. Is there a program that can handle this?
> > Pine wants to do <username>@whatever-domain-you-put-in-the-config.com.
> > I'd like her to be able to choose the from address, kind of like you can
> > in Evolution, Outlook, and other gui email programs. Any ideas?

> In my opinion Mutt is the best solution. Easy to set this up within its
> config for multiple boxes.

Pardon my intrusion Aaron. But I'm curious...

Normally I'm a pine user who hasn't yet bothered with "Roles" which is
supposed to be able to do what the OP wanted. But what I've read about
pines roles says that currently it not only can change the "From:"
address, based on selected role, but can even change which SMTP server to
send the reply with...

What I'd like to know, is can Mutt's multiple mailbox config set
different SMTP's for each box?