TurboTax Replacement (was: Quicken Replacement )

Dave Roberts ldave at droberts.com
Wed May 5 04:33:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 14:13, Mike Jang wrote:
> I don't think GNUCash really cuts it, but I recognize there are people
> working on the Quicken compatibility / feature issue. However, I don't
> hear any mention of (U.S.) Tax software.
>
> Is there anything on the horizon for a Linux port or some GNU substitute
> for TurboTax? Or do people here who no longer use MS Windows just do
> their taxes with a pencil (or an accountant who probably uses MS
> Windows)?

Would Bochs be the solution here? There really isn't a need for these
applications to run "fast." They're basically programs that just have a
whole bunch of forms. Frankly, running them on a 1+ GHz machine is sort
of a waste in any case. Since Bochs provides excellent x86 emulation and
dispenses with the issues associated with Wine, I would think this would
be a great solution. I have never tried it, though, so I don't have a
clue.

--
Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com>