Strange behaviour of mounted USB hd

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Wed May 5 15:06:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, bit wrote:

> I investigated this a little further.
>
> The external USB 2.0 enclosure does work perfectly when the usb 2.0 module
> (ehci-hcd) is unloaded and the hd is hence mounted as an USB 1.1 device
>
> When trying to use the ehci-usb module, the mentioned problems appear, in FC1
> and in Knoppix.
> Gonna continue testing.
>
> Has anybody seen this before ?

In my limited testing of the device with USB1 driver - it appeard to
be stable for a while - but then it took 10 min to Ctrl-C a big file
transfer (2G). And it froze the kernel after suspend/resume (the
device was unmounted before suspend). This time - I hadn't tried the
iozone test - but this one alos brings up problems with the driver.

The chipset in the iomega ion enclosure is:

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 067b:2507 Prolific Technology, Inc.

Satish