Laptop Battery

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Wed May 5 15:42:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 07:31, StoneBeat wrote:
> possibly you have a laptop that use ACPI instead of APM, check it and if you
> have ACPI you must recompile your kernel enabling ACPI

Actually, all you need to do is add acpi=on to your grub.conf. If that
does not fix the problem the ACPI may be broken on your laptop. It is
possible to work around these problems. http://acpi.sourceforge.net/
should get you started.

Have your googled for your laptop and Linux? You might find that someone
else has already gone through the trouble of figuring out how to set
everything up. I found a lot of helpful information when I was first
setting up my HP laptop.