Routing and bandwidth problem

Ed Jones home-fedora at edjones.org
Wed May 5 16:40:42 UTC 2004

Just a word of warning (I was looking at smoothwall some time ago) - there
are some people who have had bad experiences with smoothwall.

Have a nose at
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl2357725747d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=87n0uknjte.fsf%40amaterasu.srvr.nix

(forgive the long link) for a discussion about one 'security fix' they
released.

Also, look at http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=29598&cid=3180564 for a
bit of insight into wrangling between smoothwall and ipcop developers. Not
nice.

Obviously, neither of the URLs above necessarily affect the usefulness of
the product.

You could consider astaro security linux (www.astaro.com), which is free for
home users. Don't know how much it would cost in your situation, though.

Ed