Kernel Compilation Issues

rnissley at allvantage.com rnissley at allvantage.com
Fri May 7 21:24:22 UTC 2004

I'm attempting to re-build the kernel with some options I want
(netfilter/iptables). I did "make mrproper" and then reloaded my configs from a
file saved earlier, so the source directory should be clean.
The compilation runs for some time and then bombs. I get 7 undefined reference
errors (all ACPI related) similar to

arch/i386/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0x5328): In function `acpi_parse_lapic':
: undefined reference to `acpi_table_print_madt_entry'

and then

make[1]: *** [kallsyms] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 2

None of the ACPI options are enabled in my kernel config. I even manually edited
a line in .config because I couldn't find a way to turn it off using the config
tools:

CONFIG_ACPI_BOOT=n

I'm guessing that might actually break something important, but I gave it a shot.

Any answers/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ron