Thoughts on undeleting ext3 files

bryan at redfedora.co.uk bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Sat May 8 10:25:27 UTC 2004

Subject: Thoughts on undeleting ext3 files

> Since this has come up, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about

I always remember a guy from my formative years saying measure twice, cut
once (carpentry) and I guess that is really apt in this scenario. Chalk it
up to experience and don't make the mistake again. It is a tragic experience
for the poor guy but he'll not make the same mistake as long as he lives, I
guarantee it! We all mess up at some time and learn from it for our own
benefit.

It looks like it's a remote server so maybe it'd be best to persuade someone
at the location to do the necessary surgery and get it all back up and
running again and keep the necessary data intact.

Bryan