Synaptic with Fedora?

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Sat May 8 19:41:46 UTC 2004

tim,
  what you're looking for is the individual sources.list for the different
repositories.  you'll also need the GPG key from each for the rpms to be
validated.

  also, i recommend doing an

  rpm -ev apt

  and then going to fedora.us and grabbing the official extras apt rpm
frmo there, when you first run it you'll get a mirror selection screen.

and to bring it back up, use

apt-get mirror-select

-d

Timothy Murphy said:
> Wolfgang wrote:
>
>> Download the APT & SYNAPTIC files from this site. And install. That's
>> all, that's to it. The repository is setup automatically.
>>
>> http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/
>
> The RPM there is the one I downloaded (from http://rpmfind.net/).
> I installed it, but it did not set up any repository automatically (I
> don't see how it could.)
> More to the point, /etc/apt/sources.list is empty.
> The documentation does not tell you the format of entries in this file,
> unless you happen to be running Debian.
> (I found an example of an RPM entry on the fedora-list archives.)
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
>

> --

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991