follow up: pp scanner

Florian Idelberger florian at idelberger.de
Mon May 10 13:29:45 UTC 2004

When I follow the instructions on installing plustek pp scanners on
www.gjaeger.de,
everything is fine until I try to load the driver. Everythin compiled
just fine but when I try to load the moduel either using modprobe or
make load, I get this:

> [root at incarnationofdeath plustek_driver]# make load
> /sbin/modprobe pt_drv || exit 1
> sh: line 1: modprobe: command not found
> modprobe: pre-install pt_drv failed
> modprobe: insmod pt_drv failed
> make: *** [load] Fehler 1
> [root at incarnationofdeath plustek_driver]#

Why is that? Because the error message isn't very specific, are there
any chances to know what exactly went wrong?
I appreciate your help,
florian