Backup soution to another server

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Tue May 11 02:23:22 UTC 2004

Michael Mansour said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an Opensource solution which can allow
> me to backup various servers I have to another server
> (the others servers disks) while allowing me to store
> full and incremental backups, browse the files that
> were backed up etc.
>
> Basically, a normal tape backup system but without
> tapes while keeping the backed up files on the other
> servers disks in a highly compressed format.
>
> Anyone know of anything like this out there?

michael,
  amanda, it cones with the fedora distribution.

yum install amanda amanda-server amanda-client

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991