OT: New low for Microsoft!

Hugh Foster Hugh.Foster at Servisair.com
Tue May 11 10:42:49 UTC 2004

>> I put it on a P4 1.5 with 1G of PC-133{slow} Ram and a 20GB ATA66 Drive,
and it worked great. Even supported 3D on my ATI AIW8500, and my intel sound
{After I opened the mixer and turned up all the volume levels}. <<

That's sort of my point; _XP_ will run reasonably on a machine like that.
The image of a "frugal" Linux rather implies that the base machine would be
a bit less than that.

I'd be staggered if it didn't work great on your machine; what disapoints me
is that (unlike Core 1) it doesn't seem to work particularly well on
anything smaller.

http://www.star.net.uk