crazyiness with modem and kudzu

Patrice Brockhaus patrice at grischa.de
Wed May 12 12:48:04 UTC 2004

Am Samstag, 8. Mai 2004 15:01 schrieb akonstam at trinity.edu:
> As I recorded in an earlier message I could not get kudzu to recognise
> my new 56K Zoom modem. I tried everything. Ran kudzu with various
> options , reboioted, etc and not nothing worked.
>
> Last night I booted my machine and kudzu suddenly discovered that my
> modem was there and configured it. Well  that seemed good and led me to
> the Passover-like thought "Why was last night different from any other
> night?"
>
> Well my feeling that things were finally going right was dashed when
> this morning I booted my machine and kudzu said that my Zoom modem had
> been removed and did I want to remove the configuration. I said no but
> in the kudzu hwconf data base the zoom modem is marked as detached.

I had the problem that kudzu showed this message at bootup regularly. But my
modem keeped on working no matter what I answered there. Solution: removing
kudzu from system-init. :-) I had the same problem whith the last RH-Version
(7) I used. Perhaps there is a kudzu-bug whith serial-modems.

Bye,
Patrice