RES: Continuing Mozilla Woes

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed May 12 15:24:03 UTC 2004

Artur Sampaio wrote:
> Some time ago i had the same problem with Konqueror, running Conectiva
> Linux 9.0 (www.conectiva.com.br). It's start happening after a
> unsucessfull try to update the system with synaptic. It really crashed
> my system... I tried to call update again, but Synaptic stops to work
> too.
> My solution: i re-installed FC1 from scratch. :). Now everything works
> fine.

Look for a font problem.

I had a problem where Mozilla would crash on certain sites or certain
email that had foreign characters.  There is an issue on redhat bug site.

Search your system for zysong.ttf.

If it isn't there in /usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType type in
   ln -s  gbsn00lp.ttf zysong.ttf

This fixed my crash.  It was on an upgraded system and a fully clean
install of FC1

--
Robin Laing