OT - content management recommendation

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Wed May 12 15:56:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:33:56AM -0400, neilcuk at aol.com wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions chaps. I think Plode looks to be just the ticket. Mmmmm python
>
> neil.

You mean Plone?

Zope/Plone is difficult to setup and making changes to the cmf and
Plone even more difficult.  Zope is slow compaired to php and it puts
a heavy load on the system!

If you want your site to look like everyone else's... you could use
one of the nukes, www.postnuke.com phpnuke.org Envolution, etc.  But it
would probably be better to create your own cms.

Out of all the php based cms' I tried, postnuke seems to be the
easiest, but also buggy.  It's advertised as more secure than phpnuke,
but neither are really secure and both are prone to exploits.

I am exploring scoop, but it requires apache version 1.3... and Fedora
has 2.0... which doesn't seem to work with scoop.  I may setup another
older box with slackware, apache, and scoop.  slackware 9.1 still has
apache 1.3..

jay