Antivirus ?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed May 12 20:48:24 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mi, den 12.05.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 19:36:
>

>>Yeah.. That's what I thought.. How do I set fetchmail to poll the server
>>say every 2 minutes? (I really got to find that out.. Now, I'm just
>>thinking of setting crontab entry to pull it every 2 min
>> (0-59/2 * * * * fetchmymail.sh)
>>

>Create a ~/.fetchmailrc file following "man fetchmail" or other
>instructions easily to be found using google. Then run "crontab -e" as
>user with content
>
>*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail
>
>(every 2 minutes polling the server would be a bit to heavy)
>
>Alexander

Why do it with cron?

I use fetchmail as a daemon and have it set for 10 minute polls.  Also,
that way if for some reason the last download did not complete it does
not have the error of trying to run 2 instances of fetchmail at the same
time.

If a download session is interrupted without completing you have the
problem in the next session with redownloading everything that had been
downloaded but not marked on the servers as such.  Many duplicate messages.