Kmail Crashing

Brian Ashe rhlist at dee-web.com
Thu May 13 16:26:30 UTC 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 10:10, Rory Gleeson wrote:
> Thanks for the tip to try this question on Fedora Test List.  I actually
> did but couldn't find a solution.  So far, the response here has been
> very helpful.
>
> So, N.Emile, if you think the problem may be aktual, what's the best way
> to resolve this?

Have you tried starting kmail from a terminal to see if it gives more helpful
crash information?

Is it just "starting and exiting" or is it a SIGSEGV or does the KDE crash
handler come up?

Do you have enough free space where your home directory resides?

Is there a stale lock file in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/ ?

--
Brian Ashe - CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.