Running GNOME over SSH

d l popgojp at yahoo.co.jp
Fri May 14 13:03:36 UTC 2004

I assume you are using cygwin/X on winxp.
Modifiy /usr/X11R6/binstartxwin.sh in your cygwin root.
Instead of firing up twm, make it start gnome-session
instead.

If all you want is just to get a remote desktop, using VNC
will be far easier than fuddling with X.

Regards,
D. Lee

--- Mark Haney <mark.haney at doctordirectory.com> からのメ
ッセージ: