ssh working with dialup, not through router

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Fri May 14 20:35:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 16:40:52 PM +0200, Alexander Dalloz (alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de) wrote:
> Am Fr, den 14.05.2004 schrieb Marco Fioretti um 16:18:
>
> > I can ssh to a server to update its web pages if I connect via
> > dialup / ppp0. If I try the same thing connecting via etho to an
> > ADSL router...
>
> > Marco F.
>
> Use: ssh -v -v -v user at remote.ssl.host.tld

Doing that yelds a long log which ends as below after I enter the
password. Any further feedback is welcome.

TIA,
	Marco Fioretti

debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interacti
ve
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: next auth method to try is password
<MY_ACCOUNT>@<MY_SERVER>'s password:
debug3: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 64 padlen 16 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: ssh-userauth2 successful: method password
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0
debug1: send channel open 0
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug2: callback start
debug1: ssh_session2_setup: id 0
debug1: channel request 0: pty-req
debug3: tty_make_modes: ospeed 38400
debug3: tty_make_modes: ispeed 38400
debug3: tty_make_modes: 1 3
debug3: tty_make_modes: 2 28
debug3: tty_make_modes: 3 127
debug3: tty_make_modes: 4 21
debug3: tty_make_modes: 5 4
debug3: tty_make_modes: 6 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 7 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 8 17
debug3: tty_make_modes: 9 19
debug3: tty_make_modes: 10 26
debug3: tty_make_modes: 12 18
debug3: tty_make_modes: 13 23
debug3: tty_make_modes: 14 22
debug3: tty_make_modes: 18 15
debug3: tty_make_modes: 30 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 31 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 32 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 33 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 34 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 35 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 36 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 37 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 38 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 39 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 40 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 41 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 50 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 51 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 52 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 53 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 54 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 55 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 56 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 57 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 58 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 59 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 60 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 61 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 62 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 70 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 71 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 72 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 73 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 74 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 75 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 90 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 91 1
debug3: tty_make_modes: 92 0
debug3: tty_make_modes: 93 0
debug2: x11_get_proto: /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth list :0.0 2>/dev/null
debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug1: channel request 0: x11-req
debug1: channel request 0: shell
debug1: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: callback done
debug1: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
debug1: Remote: No xauth program; cannot forward with spoofing.
debug2: client_check_window_change: changed
debug1: channel request 0: window-change
debug1: channel_free: channel 0: client-session, nchannels 1
debug3: channel_free: status: The following connections are open:
  #0 client-session (t4 r0 i0/0 o0/0 fd 4/5)

debug3: channel_close_fds: channel 0: r 4 w 5 e 6
Read from remote host rule-test.homelinux.org: Connection timed out
Connection to rule-test.homelinux.org closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 116 bytes in 1750.1
seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.1
debug1: Exit status -1

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

rules should encourage thinking, not discourage it.
                   The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage