Prepare the computer for a FC2 install from scratch

Sun May 16 15:11:17 UTC 2004

> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 02:58:06PM +0000, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> > I would like to know what should I do to prepare my computer to receive
> > the FC2 on Tuesday?
> Depends what's on it now, and what you want to do to that.

Actually a FC1 which is instable due to a bad powercut which damage things... I want to start from scratch for choosing the package to install and for the HW detection, but I need to keep my personal info. I have my home directory where I think everthying or almost everything is, but should I save important other files from the system?

> > btw, will FC2 support UTF8? Cos' I'd love to stop having all those
> > characters problems...
> Yes, pretty nicely.

Which means, if I'm right, I will be able to see the filename of files created under WIN which includes é è etc... cos' now they are display with a square under konqueror or sometimes with no char with other tools...

Ludo