multiple ip's?

Markus Dages mdages at avk.net
Tue May 18 08:33:21 UTC 2004

Try the following command to add an additional ip address to the same interface:

/sbin/ip addr add <ipaddr> broadcast <broadcast-address> scope global dev <interface>

For example to add 192.168.1.2 to eth0.

/sbin/ip addr add 192.168.1.2/24 broadcast 192.168.1.255 scope global dev eth0

This isn't specific to fedora, it works on most linux distributions with iproute-2 installed.