basic list mail content: FC1 or FC2

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Tue May 18 10:47:18 UTC 2004

James Kosin wrote:

> [snip]
>
> 3)  Heaven forbid, create separate list for FC1 after this date for
> those that use the older version.
> ~   This way this list always contains the latest FC release questions,
> and refer people to another list for FC1 if they ask.  Problem is that
> then things get confusing still about FC1 or FC2 and people not
> knowing... when looking in the archives.

Maybe it would be better to create new lists as "fedora-1-list" and
"fedora-2-list". This way seems quite future-proof (basically
fedora-#-list). At the same time, fedora-list archives remain as FC1
only/mostly. Then maybe fedora-list should be closed, or, possibly
link/forward fedora-list to the new fedora-1-list. I've never set up a
mailing list, so I have no idea if this would work, and if this is even
a good idea.

> 4)  Hmmmm.... this may require some deep thinking.....
>
> Hope we find an answer soon, I've already seen several posts about FC2
> already.  About some mirrors saying they have it already... including
> some bittorret sites.
>
> James Kosin

I hope this gets some thoughts as well.

dex