Can GRUB boot a CD-ROM???

Tue May 18 16:32:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 12:13, Gregory Gulik wrote:
> For some reason my BIOS won't boot off the CD-ROM and I can't get into
> the BIOS setup screen no matter what I do to fix it.
>
> So, is there a way to make GRUB boot a FC2 CD-ROM so I can do the upgrade?
>
> The CD-ROM is installed as the primary device on the second IDE channel
> (hdc).

Have seen cases where the CD won't boot from the second channel if
there's not a hard disk on the primary.  If you can't get the BIOS or
hardware configuration to boot from the CD, see
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg03696.html

This explains how to boot the installer from GRUB.  Can then do a CD,
hard disk, or network install.

Phil