Severe keyboard problem after upgrading FC1->FC2

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed May 19 10:43:42 UTC 2004

    Douglas> I resolved it by dissabling gpm (chkconfig --level 345
    Douglas> gpm off), then starting up and configuring the mouse
    Douglas> (redhat-config-mouse service-config-mouse) and making
    Douglas> sure it was USB, then re-enabling gpm every thing worked
    Douglas> fine.

This makes no difference to me.

Also at boot time, I sometimes get messages:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (raw set 0, code 0x0 on isa0060/serio0)
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes 00 <keycode> to make it known.

This appears several times after seeing:
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq1

If also see:

Failed to disable AUX port, but continuing anyway... Is this a Sis?
If AUX port is really absent please use the 'i8042.noaux' option
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq12

These last 3 messages disappear if I boot with i8042.noaux, but
otherwise there is no difference.

I DO have a PS/2 mouse port (with nothing plugged in). I think these
symptoms are significant.

I also get the following message:

input: PS/2 Generic mouse on isa0060/serio

which looks highly significant.

I also get a message about trying to initialise
an ohci1394, which ends with:

FATAL: Module ohci1394 not found.

On FC1 this was present in
/lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/ieee1394