Fedora Hangs ( Checking for new Hardware )

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 19 12:31:01 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 19.05.2004 schrieb Gary Waters um 13:33:

> My Fedora hangs every other reboot/restart on "checking for new
> hardware." I don't know what precisely is causing this situation. I
> recently changed my CPU, Motherboard, and VGA card. I don't remember if
> it started subsequent to the hardware change or since I upgraded to
> kernel 2.4.22-1.2.2188.nptl. How do I proceed in discovering the source
> of the problem and resolving it? I assume there must be some logfile
> somewhere that can be accessed to shed light on the problem?

> Gary

At grub boot screen enter "a" (without the quotes) and change the "rhgb"
setting to "norhgb" and append a "3" (all without quotes) to the end of
the kernel line. Now boot and check the boot messages on the console. Do
you have a firewire card? Then it might help to put "nofirewire" at the
end of the kernel line in grub.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:27:44 up 6 days, 12:12, load average: 0.00, 0.12, 0.16
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]