using yum to upgrade from FC1 to FC2?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed May 19 13:42:10 UTC 2004

Hi, I know its not recommended to use yum to upgrade from FC1 to FC2,
and that anaconda should be used.  I have a remote server though, and
I'd like to attempt to use yum to upgrade it from FC1 to FC2.  Does
anyone have any instructions on how to do this?  I put on the fedocra
core 2 release and fedora core 2's yum noarch RPMs and then tried yum -y
update and yum -y upgrade, but both return dependancy errors on MySQL
(i'm using mysql 4.0.1 rpms from mysql.com)  any suggestions, thanks?