Upgrading to FC2

Dylan Parry me at dylanparry.com
Wed May 19 13:56:36 UTC 2004

I am currently using FC1 and am downloading the ISOs for FC2 as I type!
Every time I have upgraded my OS (RH7.3 > RH8.0 > RH9 > FC1) I have
performed a clean install, but this time I cannot risk losing all my
settings etc. So my question is, if I perform an upgrade rather than a
clean install will I lose all the settings and things I have spent so long
making?

In particular will my XF86Config file be overwritten and will any programs
I have installed that are not part of FC be lost during the process?

--
Dylan Parry