Reboot rant [was: Re: : [ FC2 ] ::.. NON-CRITICAL config question.]

Keven Ring keven at mitre.org
Wed May 19 17:25:52 UTC 2004

> I seem to recall that the redhat-config-network app. suggests
> rebooting when changing host names.  I haven't used it in a while, so
> maybe it doesn't anymore?  [shrug]  Anyway, if it does, then you
> should send your rant to the redhat-config-network app. developers as
> well.

Agreed.  The message is actually "You may want to restart your network
and network services or reboot your machine".  Perhaps, in keeping with
other items, there needs to be an "apply" button, or similar [ie, what
is on say, the redhat-printer-config panel], such that the changes are
more than saved, they are applied.  So, if there are any fedora
developers out there....  Of course, this should (IMO) go into a basic
UI design document for all of fedora "after market" tools.

Just my opinion, of course..

--
Keven Ring               | "Oh no,  Not Again..."
The MITRE Corporation    |   Bowl of Petunias -