Install problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 19 18:29:03 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 19.05.2004 schrieb Ed Stewart um 20:11:

> Trying to install Core 2 on an old IBM IntelliStation (Dual PPro 333). The
> CD boots and it gets through "Loading aic7xxx driver..." but then all I see
> is the blue screen with "Welcome to Fedora Core" at the top and the
> <TAB>/<F12> message at the bottom. I've tried to run setup several different
> ways, including "linux text" and "linux checkmedia" and everything stops
> here. Do I have a bad CD? Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> -ed

You may try "linux noprobe" to select the SCSI driver module by hand. I
am not sure whether the kernel 2.6 knows about 2 aic7xxx version, the
new and the old one. Take the old one if possible.

You too should be able to switch consoles through install as long the
system does not completely freeze. Using "Alt+F2" and F3 and F4 you will
get on different consoles showing you some information on what's
happening.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 20:26:19 up 6 days, 18:10, load average: 0.20, 0.25, 0.24
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]