Fear Factor

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed May 19 18:33:03 UTC 2004

Dave Jones wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 07:42, Chadley Wilson wrote:
>

>>Are the FC1 packages i.e xmms-mp3, libdvdcss, tvtime etc going to work
>>in it.
>>

>livna has FC2 packages for xmms-mp3 etc already.  tvtime is now
>part of core replacing xawtv.
>

>>I run a multimedia system currently MDK10 because it uses ALSA
>>

>FC2 also has ALSA.
>
>	Dave

tvtime works great.

I am not sure about surround sound. The problems I am having may be a
result of the sound on my mother board being stuck in surround mode,
but I only have one set of speakers hooked up.

I use my computer(s) to watch TV because I gave my TV away. I have a
digital cable box that I use to select channels and send s-video to
my capture card and the audio to my harmon karden Surround Sound Amp.
I listen to the sound through 6 speakers ; Left, 2 Centre, Right,
2 Rear. The Centre speakers have 12" woofers and the left and right
have 2 10" woofers each, the rear speakers are small. I used to use
a Marantz surround preamp with 3 rack mount amps making over 2200
Watts but in a small apartment, I now just use the amps built into my
harmon kardon unit.

I'll check tonight to see if there is "surround sound" coming from my
mother board. I am also going to see if MythTV works better in FC2 than
it did in RHL 9.

Have fun.