Praise and a couple of Network Places questions

Gord Busse gordo at bussefamily.net
Wed May 19 21:56:36 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Firstly, I have to say so far I am quite impressed with FC2. All of the
issues that I had noticed with the test releases in regards to my
hardware have been resolved. There were absolutely no problems during
the install and all of my hardware seems to have been detected properly.
I'll know more once I have had time to dig in a bit more but initially
things are looking quite positive. Three cheers for the FC team!

Secondly, I am probably doing something wrong but hopefully someone will
be able to shed some light on this issue for me. We have several Windows
machines on our network. When I go to Computer -> Network -> Windows
Network -> <My Domain> I can see all of the Windows machines. When I
double click on one of the Windows machines (called corpsrv) instead of
getting a logon dialog box I get the following error:

The folder contents could not be displayed.

You do not have the permissions necessary to
view the contents of "Windows Network: corpsrv".

This happens with any of the Windows machines on our network.

Finally, when selecting Help from the Fedora menu then selecting User
Guide and going to section "7.8.2.1 To Add a Network Place" I read about
an "Add Network Place" object that I should be able to double click on.
This icon/object appears to be missing in my installation. How can I get
to this icon/object or was it intentionally left out by the Fedora team
for some reason?

Thanx in advance and thanx again to the Fedora team!

Sincerely,
Gord Busse