Random install hang FC2 on KM266 mobo

Wayne Stidolph wayne at stidolph.com
Thu May 20 02:38:01 UTC 2004

I've searched archives, not encountered a fix ... pointers to FAQ/doc
would be appreciated...

I had RG9 running in this box and old motherboard failed. So, I bought
an MSI KM2M Combo-L (KM266 with integrated S3 ProSavage video, etc) and
just fired RH disk back up. Well, it hangs during boot on "Finding
module dependencies ..." so I decided to just upgrading to FC2, figured
that might handle whatever the hardware issues are.

Bum the FC2 install hangs. It's always after I have gotten past the
"transferring install image to hard disk" step. Once or twice it hung in
"Preparing RPM transaction", once during "Preparing to install" (at
about 7/8 done) and a couple times while actaully writing packages to
the hard disk (got glibc transferred, hung moving iproute, that sort of
thing). It's random ...

I've turned on and off USB legacy support, APIC. I've tried graphical
and text-install. What else?

Thanks lots,

 Wayne