Add/Remove programs

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu May 20 14:18:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 15:01, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 20.05.2004 schrieb venkata ramana um 15:04:
>
> >       I have installed fedora core2 from network using an ftp server.
> > Now if I want to add a package using add/remove programs it is asking
> > me to insert CDs. Is there a way to specify the location from which
> > add/remove program fetches the rpm files. If it can install the rpm
> > packages directly from network life will become easy for me.
>
> > ramana.
>
> man yum
> man up2date
Being able to use the Add/Remove application for this would be
advantageous.

It provides a nice and easy gui to be able to read descriptions of
applications. For people like my farther, I could tell him to look in
there if he's trying to install some thing, and then have the ISO's on
my file server. It would make things much simpler for the two of us.

It seems a tad strange that there isn't an easier way of pointing it to
a local repo.

Doug