My FC2 trials and tribulations...

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Thu May 20 17:25:41 UTC 2004

I hope this saves someone some time..  I certainly wasted plenty of mine
until I figured it out.

I had a lot of problems with an upgrade from FC1 to FC2 on an ASUS
A7V8X-X motherboard.  The most serious of which was my keyboard was
flaky and the mouse just didn't work, no matter what I did to it.

Long story short I tracked it down to a BIOS problem.  I upgraded the
BIOS and went through the BIOS settings with a fine tooth comb.  The
problem eventually turned out to be the mouse was set to USB Legacy.  I
turned that off and most of my problems went away.

My last remaining problem is that sound STILL doesn't work.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org