Add/Remove programs

venkata ramana uvramana at gmail.com
Thu May 20 19:26:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 10:30:47 -0400, Peter W Beninate
<pbeni427 at students.bju.edu> wrote:

> venkata ramana wrote:
> > Hi,
> >       I have installed fedora core2 from network using an ftp server.
> > Now if I want to add a package using add/remove programs it is asking
> > me to insert CDs. Is there a way to specify the location from which
> > add/remove program fetches the rpm files. If it can install the rpm
> > packages directly from network life will become easy for me.
> >
> > thanks,
> > ramana.
> >

> yum install <package name>

The problem with this is I don't have the headers directory in the ftp
server of our LAN. I have the packages only in the ftp server. yum is
saying that failed to find the headers. My ftp server's directory
structure is like the link
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os but,
without the headers and SRPMs directories. Is there a way to use yum
to install packages with yum from this ftp server also?

thanks,
ramana.