Various (non critical) mouse problems

Thibauld thibauld.nion at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 21 03:48:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

    I had this (aparently) common problem with my touchpad (tapping not
working) and solved it by adding  "psmouse.proto=imps" to the parameters
sent by grub to the kernel (thanks to those who gave this solution!).

    But now I have another problem with my mice, under RedHat 9 I used
to set my touchpad and my usb mouse in two different sections (one for
/dev/psaux and one for /dev/input/mice ) of the Xfree config file. Now,
apparently both mice are "mapped" (sorry it's probably not the right
technical term...)  to /dev/input/mouse or something like that, and then
I have no other choice but to set up the mice in the same "InputDevice"
section. So far, this shouldn't be a problem, BUT...
    But my usb mouse is a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman, a nice
mouse with a nice problem:  the signal sent by the mouse is faulty and I
had to introduce the following option in the "InputDevice" section of
this usb mouse  "  Option      "AngleOffset"  "-12"  ". It worked well
under RH9, but now of course if I do this, my touchpad is also affected
by this change... So I wanted to know if there's a way to make such a
change only on my usb mouse, while using Fedora and its nice kernel 2.6 ?

    Another non critical problem, is that it seems that my wheel is a
bit to sensitive (more than when I used RH9) and as I'm using
Enlightenment, the consequence is that everytime I use the wheel on the
desktop "n", I go to the desktop "n+2" (or "n-2") at least (and it
didn't happen with Enlightenemnt under RH9)... So if someone as an idea
of where the wheel sensitivity can be tweaked (for the X server or
Enlightenment).

Thanks,
Thibauld

PS: if someone has an idea of why the tapping problem also affected my
WindowsXP (dual boot), I'm eager to ear it!