[FIXED] FC2, eth0 doesn't find DHCP?

Mark Fuller mark.fuller at earthlink.net
Fri May 21 06:36:21 UTC 2004

From: "Mark Fuller" <mark.fuller at earthlink.net>
> Rodolfo, ... Below is the information

Rodolfo, my eth0 problem is fixed. Evidently it had something to do with my
motherboard BIOS.

Before installing FC2 I went into the BIOS and turned off lots of things
(SATA, RAID, APIC, onboard audio, onboard LAN, and even COM1, 2 and LPT1).
After I sent the last email, I thought I should reset the BIOS to its
default. Turn off only the onboard audio and LAN. I rebooted and eth0 (the
Netgear card) came up.(!) I don't know what I turned off in the BIOS that
would effect eth0.

I had a funny feeling it was something peculiar to me. I had a hard time
believing I'd stumbled upon something involving a very popular lan card. :)

Thanks for your help,
Mark