Unofficial FAQ Updated for Fedora Core 2

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri May 21 08:16:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

It's fine to have a such a FAQ. I had some Problem installing FC1 on a
Dell PE1650 with 1GB of ram. I had to install setting mem=128M at the
installation boot prompt, because anytime I tried to install I got an
error: "error with image install, your probably run out of disk space"
(There has been 70GB HD space free on a blank new system :-)!)

My idea for your faq is to add this and may be there are some more
"nice"/usefull installation options like mem= or noacpi and ide=nodma.
Also an explanation what this options are for would be nice.

My 2 cents.

regards

Götz

--