Sound not working after upgrading FC1 -> FC2

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Fri May 21 18:56:23 UTC 2004

Gregory,

Gregory Gulik wrote:

> I saw the posts about that and that was the first thing I did.  I went
> through the mixer app and set EVERYTHING to max volume for both the ALSA
> and OSS tabs.  Still nothing.
>

> John DeCarlo wrote:
>
>> Maybe you have been bitten by the bug that sets PCM to 0.  Bring up
>> the mixer applet and raise the volume of the PCM slider to a more
>> reasonable level and see what happens.

OK, so I just upgraded from FC1 to FC2 myself.

First I increased the levels on the various mixer items, like PCM, etc.

No luck.

Then somehow I noticed that a bunch of the sliders were gray, which
means they are "muted".  So I right clicked on several and unmuted them.

Now I finally have sound again.

HTH.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own