up2date yum-mirror: Att Alexander Dalloz

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri May 21 19:00:31 UTC 2004

Steven Stern said:
> The FC2 version of /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources has some new style entries.
>
> What's the appropriate way to specify mirrors?  I'm trying this (ignore
> line
> wrap).  My main question is what is the role of "yum" vs. "yum-mirror"?

The yum-mirror lines allow you to have a list of mirrors to randomly
select from.  Take a look at the output of that URL in your web browser.

If that isn't sufficent for your purposes, you can specify mirrors in a
local file, who's location escapes me.  I believe it is documented in
/usr/share/doc/up2date-xxx (replace xxx with the version number).

--
William Hooper