Why do we use grub?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat May 22 00:05:08 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 21.05.2004 schrieb Chris Miller um 20:51:

> Grub has some great options in it.  There have been times when the only
> way to fix a mbr problem was to install grub but there are times that
> grub cant get the job done and lilo is there to save the day.   The one
> that comes to mind is if you have a raid 1 boot.

But that covers only the case when grub is not installed to the MBR? I
have still a RH9 system running with /boot as RAID1 configured and it
boots since its setup using grub without any complication.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 02:03:41 up 8 days, 23:48, load average: 1.16, 1.60, 1.64
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]