Problems with Fedora on VA Linux dual proc machine

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri May 21 23:22:11 UTC 2004

I am trying to install Fedora core 1 or Fedora core 2 on a VA Linux dual
500mhz box.

It hangs in the middle of loading the scsi module. It is an Adaptec scsi
controller. (I can't get to the model number at the moment. It is in the
middle of a Redhat 9 install.)

The same box is able to use Redhat 9, so it is something peculular to
Fedora.

The motherboard uses an Intel 440GLX+ chipset. It has two 500mhz Intel
processors and 512megs of memory.

I have one Quantum scsi drive and an ide DVD-rom drive.

Anyone see this problem before?