Troublefree video card?

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Sat May 22 02:48:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:28:32 -0700
Sean Kennedy <skennedy at tpno.org> wrote:

> On Friday 21 May 2004 7:12 pm, Mark Fuller wrote:
> > I'd like to get a new video card. Where can I learn which cards are the
> > least hassle?
> >
> > I don't want to start a bunch of replies to the list. If people want to
> > email me with their experience with cards, I'll post a summary to the list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> Not to be a smartass, but I'm gonna be.
>
> Why wouldn't you want replies on a "mailing list"?  Isn't the whole point of a
> mailing list...replies?
>
> Imagine how useful a mailing list would be if there were no replies.
>
> However, this does seem like a useful thing.  For 3d and all, I would guess
> one of nvidia's offerings would top the list, with some of ATI's cards in the
> list as well.

There are in fact mailing lists that don't allow replies.   You post your problem
and then people send you private emails to try to help.    Once your problem
is solved it is expected that the original poster will send a SOLVED email
and explain who helped him and how the problem was solved.   It's not perfect
but it does make for a much smaller inbox :o)

Cheers,
Sean.